Contac® Cold + Flu Night
Cooling Relief Liquid
Maximum Strength + Multi-Symptom Relief
Don’t let sore throat pain keep you up all night. Taken at bedtime, Contac® Cold + Flu Cooling Relief instantly coats your throat with a soothing, icy-cooling liquid. It works immediately to ease your sore throat and provides multi-symptom relief from a multitude of cold and flu symptoms at the maximum strength possible. Get relief. Get sleep.
- Body aches
- Sore Throat
- Runny Nose
|ACTIVE INGREDIENTS (IN EACH 15 ML)||PURPOSE|
|Acetaminophen 500mg||Pain reliever/fever reducer|
|Dextromethorphan HBr 15 mg||Cough suppressant|
|Doxylamine succinate 6.25 mg||Antihistamine|
Inactive ingredients: Acesulfame potassium, anhydrous citric acid, carboxymethylcellulose sodium, FD&C blue #1, flavor, polyethylene glycol, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol solution, sucrose
Temporarily relieves common cold/flu symptoms:
- temporarily reduces fever
- sore throat
- runny nose and sneezing
- minor aches and pains
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- More than 6 tablespoons in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount.
- With other drugs containing acetaminophen.
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product.
Sore throat warning: If sore throat persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea or vomiting, ask a doctor promptly.
Do not use:
- With any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- If you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- If you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
- To make a child sleepy
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- liver disease
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking:
- the blood thinning drug warfarin
- sedatives or tranquilizers
When using this product:
- Do not exceed recommended dosage.
- May cause marked drowsiness
- Avoid alcoholic drinks.
- Excitability may occur, especially in children.
- Alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness.
- Be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery.
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- Pain or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days.
- Fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days.
- Redness or swelling is present.
- New symptoms occur.
- Cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts.
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222) Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.